47th Juried Exhibition
CLOSING PARTY!!! SATURDAY MAY 21, 4 - 6PM. FACEBOOK EVENT
The Lyndon House Arts Center announces the opening of the 47th Juried Exhibition. The show is curated by Miranda Lash, the Ellen Bruss Senior Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. The exhibition will go on view on March 3, 2022 and will continue through May 21, 2022.
Miranda Lash reviewed 656 works of all media submitted for review by 237 Athens area artists. Of these, Ms. Lash selected 160 works of drawing, metal work, painting, photography, sculpture, video, and more. In addition, multiple awards have been selected by the Juror to be announced on opening day.
Throughout the run of the exhibition, the Lyndon House Arts Center will be hosting artist talks in the galleries on Third Thursdays, March 17, April 21 and May 19 at 6pm and Saturdays, April 2 and April 23 at 2pm.
March 17 - Alivia Patton, Michael Lachowski, Nathan Beveridge, Nyala Honda
April 2 - John Pickering, Lauren Stichweh, Amy Scott
April 21 - Mickey Boyd, Alexia Benavent-Rivera, Claudia Wilburn, Lauren Adams
April 23 - Barbara Mann, Amy Watts, Shaunia Grant
May 19 - Elissa Grady, Megan Weatherford, Ann Sears, Jared Brown
The Lyndon House Arts Center would like to thank the Athens area artists who entered their works for review and for the generous and continued support for this anchor community art event.
The Calendar for Exhibiting Artists:
Thursday, February 10 – Saturday, February 12, 2022, Deliver works selected for the 47th Juried Exhibition.
Thursday, March 3, 2022 47th Juried Exhibition opens
Saturday, May 21, 2022 47th Juried Exhibition closes. Last day to see the show.
Tuesday, May 24 – Thursday, May 26, 2022, Pick up works included in the 47th Juried Exhibition.
Juror: Miranda Lash is the Ellen Bruss Senior Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver.
Sales & Reproductions
Works may be for sale or not for sale. The exhibiting artist will receive 70% of the sales price for work that is sold. The Lyndon House Arts Foundation, The Lyndon House Arts Center and ACC Leisure Services reserve the right to photograph and reproduce any artwork for promotional purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
Insurance and Liability
Works accepted into the 47th Juried Exhibition will be insured while in the Arts Center, from arrival to May 26, 2022. Insurance values must be reasonable. Any questionable numbers will require an appraisal.
Delivery and Pick up
Deliver works selected for the 47th Juried Exhibition to the arts center during these times:
Thursday, February 10, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday, February 11, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 12, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
On delivery, any work found to be altered, incorrectly presented, or that significantly differs from entry image will not be accepted.
Artworks must be picked up Tuesday, May 24 – Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The dates for delivery and pick up are firm. Artworks left after the pickup dates will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
All works must be finished works of art ready for installation as follows:
1. Works on paper must be mounted and secured in professional frames under glass or plexi-glass and ready for installation. Please no plastic frames or clip style frames. Collage elements must be secured or protected behind glass.
2. Paintings or photographs on canvas need to have a finished edge whether clean, painted or with wood stripping. Paintings or photographs on canvas boards need to be framed. Work should be dry and fixed. No wet paint.
3. All 2D artworks must have a hanging device, either d-rings or screw eyes with braided picture wire securely wrapped. Works under 14” in any and all directions may use saw tooth hangers.
4. Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a .mov or a .mp4 file.
5. Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
6. Photographs mounted on plexi and aluminum are fine as long as the hanging device is incorporated in a professional manner.
7. Extremely fragile works will not be eligible due to the need for special handling.
8. Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be in one piece and installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation.
9. As a community-wide facility, the Lyndon House Arts Center reserves the right to present artworks in a controlled access area, or to deny exhibition, of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
10. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted. Photographers must submit finished artworks at the size listed in submission entry.
Lyndon House Arts Center Announces Juror for the 47th Juried Exhibition
The Lyndon House Arts Center and Lyndon House Arts Foundation are pleased to announce Miranda Lash, the Ellen Bruss Senior Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, as the Guest Juror for the 47th Juried Exhibition.
Lash has organized a wide range of exhibitions including Keltie Ferris: *O*P*E*N*; BRUCE CONNER: FOREVER AND EVER (co-curated with Dean Otto); the retrospective Mel Chin: Rematch; Rashaad Newsome: King of Arms; and Swoon: Thalassa. In 2017 Lash and Trevor Schoonmaker co-organized the acclaimed exhibition Southern Accent: Seeking the American South in Contemporary Art. From 2008 to 2014 Lash was the founding curator of modern and contemporary art at the New Orleans Museum of Art.
Lash currently serves as Vice President on the board of the Joan Mitchell Foundation. She has been a Clark Fellow at the Clark Art Institute, a panelist for the National Endowment for the Arts, and a member of the curatorial advisory council for the international triennial Prospect New Orleans. She is a graduate of Harvard University and the Williams College Graduate Program in the History of Art.
Lyndon House Arts Center is part of the Arts Division of ACC Leisure Services. We are located at 211 Hoyt Street in Downtown Athens GA.
Photo of Miranda Lash by Gary Barragan