Project 20 provided fire protection through the use of automatic fire sprinkler systems in Athens-Clarke County Government buildings to include City Hall, Civic Hall, and the Dougherty Street Government Building. Previous to Project 20, all of the buildings listed were not equipped with automatic fire sprinklers, with the exception of the City Hall attic. The buildings were up to fire code at the time of construction, but in order to maintain general safety and protection of historic facilities, Project 20 installed automatic fire sprinklers throughout the buildings to meet current code requirements. Covers for the sprinklers were also created and installed in order to maintain the character and style of the buildings.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: DLB Associates Consulting Engineers, PC
- Contractor: Kevin Price General Contractors, Inc.
- Program Manager: Jacobs Engineering
- Sponsor: Central Services
- Original SPLOST Budget: $1,220,000
- Amended Budget: $1,184,000
- Total Cost: $1,075,611.29
- Completion Date: January 2017