Project 15 provided for renovation of the pool facilities which included replacement of the pool shell, construction of splash pad components and fixtures, renovation of the bathhouse, and general infrastructure improvements for ADA accessibility and security in accordance with the Rocksprings Park Master Plan. This project also constructed the first splashpad in Athens. Previously, there was not a public facility water park for children to run and play in. The creation of the splashpad includes various types of water sprayers and buckets dumping water. The water is recycled and put through a filtering system.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: DKI Atlanta, Inc.
- Contractor: Structural Resources, Inc.
- Program Manager: Jacobs Engineering
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Original SPLOST Budget: $1,400,000
- Total Cost: $1,182,772
- Completion Date: May 2013