Project 13 brought the Morton Theatre up to contemporary HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) standards while maintaining the historic preservation of the facility. The heating and air conditioning units and ventilation systems were replaced along with upgrades to the electrical system. All upgrades were done to meet current building code. Replacement of the facility windows and roof and other associated improvements were completed to continue preservation and operation of the facility. The plumbing system for the Morton Theatre's administrative offices in the Burney Building were also updated.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: BAA Mechanical Engineers, Inc.
- Contractor: Control Concepts, LLC
- Program Manager: Jacobs Engineering
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Original SPLOST Budget: $600,000
- Amended Budget: $1,234,288
- Total Cost: $1,234,288
- Completion Date: November 2015