Clarke County Sheriff's Office
Video Visitation and Email Now Available
- Video Visits now available via internet
- 15 minute scheduled visit $3.75
- Unscheduled video visit 25 cents per minute
- Visit JailATM.com to create an account
- Visit schedule: 9-11 am; 1-4 pm, 6-9 pm
- Email service now available through JailATM.com
- Individuals in ACC Jail can send emails for 50 cents, or send collect emails
- Members of the public may send emails for 50 cents.
Serving Our Community
The Clarke County Sheriff's Office exists to provide services for the protection of life and property and the preservation of the public peace in Athens-Clarke County. The sheriff is responsible for the physical health and welfare of all inmates in the jail and the management of their property and money.
The Sheriff's Office serves criminal warrants, civil papers, and subpoenas; executes evictions; transports prisoners to court; extradites prisoners from other states to court; and provides security for the State, Superior, Municipal, Magistrate, and Juvenile courts as wells as juries, the Clarke County Courthouse, and the courthouse parking deck.
The Sheriff's Office also serves as a source of information, providing lectures and programs to community groups, civic associations, and schools.
The mission of the Clarke County Sheriff's Office is to serve our community through intentional engagement, access and transparency. We are dedicated to conducting ourselves in a manner respectful of the trust that has been placed upon us. We will perform the constitutional and statutory mandates of the Office of Sheriff with the highest degree of competence, skill and professionalism. We strive to actively enforce the laws of our state and to safely operate our detention facilities through progressive, innovative and humane practices aimed towards rehabilitating those in custody through non-conventional methods and returning citizens back into our community with hope and a chance for a successful future. We are dedicated to this mission and to the people we serve to ensure that Clarke County is a safe place to live, work and visit.
Our vision is to be a nationally recognized public safety organization dedicated to deliberate service to our community. We will achieve excellence through education, training and empowering our employees to provide the highest professional services to the citizens of Clarke County. We are determined to provide a Sheriff's Office that is progressive, service oriented and purpose driven to influence and embrace change.
We, the men and women of the Clarke County Sheriff's Office, pledge to infuse our core values in every aspect of our service to our community. Our four core values are:
- Service - We pledge to maintain a servant mind state with a community oriented approach.
- Dignity - We strive to engage with our community in such a manner that each person is left with their dignity intact.
- Respect - We will be respectful in all interactions with our community members.
- Professionalism - We are skilled in the performance of our duties and governed by the code of ethics that demands integrity by word or by act publicly and privately, the allegiance to our oath of office and the laws that govern our nation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment Statement
The Clarke County Sheriff's Office is committed to building a culture that promotes and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. A diverse and inclusive workforce ensures that the Sheriff's Office benefits from the backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of its employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to law enforcement operations and to the critical mission of the Clarke County Sheriff's Office.
Follow us on: