The project is intended to address improvements to intersections identified in the Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the Long-Range Transportation Plan for Athens-Clarke County. The work includes conceptual design and planning, engineering, right-of-way acquisition and construction. Location priorities have been intersections with existing and/or projected operational, safety and/or congestion concerns. This continues a similar SPLOST 2000 program.
Improvements were performed on the following intersections: Lexington Highway at Cherokee Road and Gaines School Road intersection, Mitchell Bridge Road left turn lane at Athens West Parkway intersection, Mitchell Bridge Road at the intersections of Auburn Parkway, Woodhaven Parkway, High Ridge Drive, and the driveway to High Ridge Apartments, Barnett Shoals Road/Old Lexington Road intersection, Tallassee Road at Whitehead Road intersection, and intersection improvements associated with the Caterpillar project.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: URS Corporation
- Contractor: Varies by sub-project
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Sponsor: Transportation and Public Works
- Original SPLOST Budget: $2,420,569
- Amended Budget: $3,685,403
- Grants or other funding: $935,607
- Total Cost: $3,685,403
- Completion Date: Varies by sub-project