Name Change / Marriage


In order for a Georgia Certificate of Title to be re-issued in a person's married name, the following documents must be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Division or county tag office:

  • Title Application - The application must be completed in detail in the married name, typed in full, and signed.
  • Transfer Document - This document must be the valid certificate of title.
  • Proof of Marriage - A copy of the marriage certificate or valid Georgia ID issued in married name must be provided.
  • Processing Fee - The fee is $18.