- Departments & Offices I - Z
- Tax Commissioner
- Motor Vehicle Division
Motor Vehicle Division
The Motor Vehicle Division / Tag Office provides information and services related to:
- vehicle registration
- license plate/tag issuance and renewal
- vehicle titling
- motor vehicle taxation, fines, and fees, including insurance fines and penalties
Acceptable methods of payment in the office are cash, state checks, money orders, MasterCard, VISA and Discover. A service fee of 3% of the transaction total will be added for all credit card and debit card transactions.
*Replacement Titles ONLY* - Credit/Debit payments are NOT accepted for title replacements. Check, Money Order, or Cash are acceptable methods of payment. There is a 7 day hold on replacement titles paid with Check or Money Order. No hold for cash payment.
Online payment options, acceptable methods of payment:
Credit or Debit Card - MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express. Click here for Internet Renewal.
Have an insurance fine/penalty to pay? Pay it online by clicking here Pay Insurance Penalty. Have in hand the penalty notice as you will need to enter the provided file and reference number.
Have an address change? 1) Update your address on your Georgia driver’s license. Georgia law states that any person who moves or changes their name must apply for a license that shows the correct name or address within 60 days of the change. O.C.G.A. § 40-5-33 (2014). 2) Provide the Tag Office with the updated license or confirmation of address change.
2023 Tag Office Holiday Closures
- Monday, January 16, 2023, Martin Luther King Jr Holiday
- Friday, April 21, 2023, Earth Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023, Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19, 2023, Juneteenth
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023, Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023, Labor Day
- Monday, October 9, 2023, Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023, Veterans' Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023, Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 24, 2023, Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25, 2023, Christmas Eve
- Tuesday, December 26, 2023, Christmas
- Monday, January 1, 2024, New Year’s Day