Litter Prevention Programs and Contact Information
- Athens-Clarke County Litter Hotline - submit this online form or call 706-613-3506 to reach the Litter Hotline and anonymously report the tag number of vehicles that are spotted littering or vehicles with uncovered loads in Athens-Clarke County. The litterbug is sent an educational letter informing them that they've been seen littering and outlining the fines for this behavior (although no fine is levied).
- Report Littered Areas - submit this online form or call 706-613-3506 to report a road or an area in need of a litter cleanup. These areas will then be included on our list of eligible places where Adopt-A-Highway or Down & Dirty volunteers will conduct a litter clean or be considered for large-sized cleanups that take place during community-wide events such as Rivers Alive. Residents are also encouraged to be proactive and play a role in keeping their community litter free and can receive assistance organizing a cleanup.
- Report Illegal Dumping - submit this online form or call 706-613-3506 to report an area where the illegal dumping of trash bags, mattresses, furniture, tires, appliances, construction debris, or other large items has taken place.
- Report Litter on State Routes - call 706-583-2644 to reach the GA Department of Transportation's Athens Office and report a litter or mowing-related issue or illegal dumping on a state route (such as the Loop10).
- Report Dead Animals, Trash Collection and/or Leaf and Limb-related Issues - call 706-613-3501 to reach the ACC Solid Waste Department.
- Stormwater Hotline - call 706-614-1282 to report water pollution-related concerns (pollutants in a storm drain or stream).
- - call (706) 208-2300 to opt out from receiving them.
Celebrate the positive!
- Nominate a Citizen - Recognize a citizen for their cleanup and greening efforts. These citizens will then be eligible for KACCB Keepin' It Clean Citizen of the Year or for a special Thank You! from KACCB.
- Beautiful Business of the Month - Recognize a business for making our community more beautiful by submitting their name as a Beautiful Business of the Month.
- Adopt Athens - Adopt an area through our Adopt-A-Highway, Adopt Athens, or Adopt-A-Stop Programs.
Community Litter Information
Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful also works to combat litter through their educational programs. If you would like to schedule a visit or a program for your group or classroom, give us a call at
706-613-3501 ext. 7879