Litter Prevention Programs and Contacts
- Litter Hotline - call 706-613-3506 to reach our anonymous hotline that allows citizens to report the tag number of vehicles that are spotted littering. The litterbug is sent an educational letter informing them that they've been seen littering and outlining the fines for this behavior (although no fine is levied).
- Report Litter On State Routes - call the GA DOT Athens Office at 706-583-2644. Citizens can report a litter issue, illegal dumping, or mowing issue on a state route (such as the loop), by contacting the Georgia Department of Transportation. Keep It Clean Georgia
- Stormwater Hotline - call 706-614-1282 if you have water pollution concerns (pollutants in a storm drain or stream).
- Report an area that is littered, These areas can be included on our list of areas eligible for an organized volunteer cleanup, such as Rivers Alive, Adopt-A-Highway, or a Down & Dirty. Citizens are also encouraged to take an active role in their community and can get help implementing a cleanup.
- Report an illegal dumping situation that needs investigation. Illegal dumping includes items such as full kitchen bags, mattresses, furniture, tires, appliances, construction debris, and other large items.
- Athens Banner Herald advertising circulars - call and opt out at (706) 208-2300.
- Dead animals, trash collection, or leaf & limb Issues - call the ACC Solid Waste Department at 706-613-3501.
Celebrate the positive!
- Nominate a Citizen - Recognize a citizen for their cleanup and greening efforts. These citizens will then be eligible for KACCB Keepin' It Clean Citizen of the Year or for a special Thank You! from KACCB.
- Beautiful Business of the Month - Recognize a business for making our community more beautiful by submitting their name as a Beautiful Business of the Month.
- Adopt Athens - Adopt an area through our Adopt-A-Highway, Adopt Athens, or Adopt-A-Stop Programs.
Community Litter Information
Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful also works to combat litter through their educational programs. If you would like to schedule a visit or a program for your group or classroom, give us a call at