The Adopt-A-Highway Program in Athens-Clarke County
Adopt-A-Highway is a local litter prevention program sponsored by Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful (KACCB) that works to involve community volunteers in local roadside clean-up efforts. The goal of the program is to reduce roadside litter in an effort to keep our community clean and beautiful. Community organizations and/or volunteers accept the responsibility of regular litter pickups on their “adopted” local roadway. Adopt-A-Highway is part of the larger Adopt Athens Program, which is a community appearance program that allows community volunteers to take part in the care and maintenance of county roads, parks, rivers, medians, bus stops, etc. There are two Adopt-A-Highway programs in Athens: the KACCB Adopt-A-Highway program for county roads and the Georgia Department of Transportation State Adopt-A-Highway program for state roads.
Interested in Adopting a Road?
If you would like to adopt a road, call the Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful office to ensure that your selection is available for adoption. If you are interested in adopting a state roadway, please call the Department of Transportation District 1 office at (770) 718-5019.
KACCB Adopt-A-Highway selections should be one mile or more in length. Adopting organizations must do regularly scheduled clean-ups to keep their adopted roadway clean and free of litter (a minimum of four clean-ups a year). KACCB will provide gloves, garbage bags, recycling bags, safety vests, grab-its, and bag collection for the cleanup.
To apply, submit an Adopt-A-Highway application to KACCB. We will forward your application to the Mayor who will officially accept your organization into the program.
For more information call: Carlos Pinto at 706-613-3501 ext.7871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Quarter 01( January 1 - March 31) AAH Group Clean-up Activity (updated April 6, 2020)
- ACC Democratic Committee - Rocksprings Street (1)
- ACC Leadership Team - Waddell Street, Dearing Street, Henderson Extension (1)
- Alpha Kappa Psi - River Road (1)
- Alpha Phi Alpha - Hancock Avenue (1)
- Alpha Sigma Rho - Riverbend Road (1)
- ASEZ / World Mission Society Church of God - Lexington Highway (1)
- Bag the Bag UGA - Barnett Shoals Road (1)
- Bar-H Estates - Barnett Shoals Road (2)
- Boehringer Ingleheim Olympic Drive (1)
- Chicopee-Dudley N'hood Assoc. - Oakridge Avenue and Moreland Avenue (2)
- Classic City Kiwanis - Cleveland Road (1)
- Crossroads Community Church - Highway 29 (1)
- Dean William Tate Society - Dearing Street, Finley Street (1)
- DIVAS Who Win Freedom Center - Hawthorne Avenue - (1)
- Dr. G's Creations - Cleveland Road (1)
- Falling Shoals Homeowners Assoc. - Whit Davis Road (1)
- KACCB Board of Directors - MLK Parkway Loop 10 Exit Ramps (1)
- Kappa Alpha Psi - Glenhaven Avenue and the Plaza (1)
- Kappa Psi - Whit Davis Road (1)
- Lambda Theta Alpha - Baxter Street (1)
- Lambda Theta Phi - Riverbend Parkway (1)
- Lambda Upsilon Lambda - College Avenue, Cleveland Avenue (1)
- Omega Psi Phi - MLK Parkway and Willow Street (1)
- PhiDelta Chi - Timothy Road (1)
- Secular Students Alliance - Dudley Park (2)
- Straight Blast Gym - Collins Industrial Boulevard (1)
- UGA Warnell School of Forestry - Whitehall Road (1)
- Watkinsville Lodge #21 - Winterville Road (1)
- Winterville Civitan Club - Main Street (1)
- Xi Delta - Timothy Road (2)