ATHENS-CLARKE COUNTY UNIFIED GOVERNMENT SEEKS CANDIDATES FOR MAJOR POLICY BOARDS
The Athens-Clarke County Unified Government (ACCGov) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following terms on important policy-making boards:
- One position on the Airport Authority for a term of four years; this position requires that you live within five miles of the airport.*
- Two positions on the Classic Center Authority for a term of four years.*
- One position on the Deferred Compensation Board for a term of two years.*
- Two positions on the Hearings Board for a term of four years.*
- Two positions on the Historic Preservation Commission for a term of three years.*
- Two positions on the Planning Commission for a term of five years.*
* Incumbents are eligible for reappointment and may reapply.
Applicants must be Athens-Clarke County residents. The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, April 7. A separate application must be completed for each position. More detailed information about each board, authority, or commission is available online at www.accgov.com/boards.
The Mayor and Commission is tentatively scheduled to interview applicants the afternoon/night of Tuesday, April 25. This will be the only date for interviews, which will be open to the public. After the deadline for receipt of applications, if you are selected for an interview you will receive an email notification of your interview time. If you will be out of town or otherwise unavailable on this date, let us know at the time you submit your application.
Appointments are tentatively scheduled to be made at the Mayor and Commission meeting on Tuesday, May 2. You will receive a letter from Mayor Girtz following the date of this meeting. Applications can be filled out online or obtained from the Clerk of Commission's office in Room 204 of City Hall, 301 College Avenue.
For more information, please call the Clerk of Commission Office at 706-613-3031 or the Mayor's Office at 706-613-3010 or visit www.accgov.com/clerkofcommission.