Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an absentee ballot and who can get one?
- What will I receive with my absentee ballot?
- How do I fill out the Absentee Ballot by Mail?
- How do I get an absentee ballot?
- I mailed in my absentee ballot without the privacy envelope/sleeve. Will my vote still count?
- I've applied for an absentee ballot. Can I pick up my ballot in person?
- What if I decide I want to vote in person and don't want to use the absentee ballot I requested?
- How do I return my voted absentee ballot?
- Am I eligible to vote in Georgia?
- What is required to register to vote?
- How do I register to vote?
- Do I register as a member of a political party?
- How do I know if my registration application was approved?
- Do I have to register to vote again when I move?
- What is a precinct card?
- Can my registration expire?
- What are the different methods for casting my vote?
- When does early/advance voting begin?
- What identification is required to vote?
- Can I use my college or university photo ID card?
- What happens if I am at the polls on Election Day and I do not have my photo ID?
- What if I do not have acceptable photo ID?
- How does the voting process work in Georgia? What do I actually do during voting?
- How do I become a poll worker?
- When are the Board of Elections Meetings and can I attend?
- I received election related mail. How do I know if it's official?