Public Information Office
What we do
The Public Information Office (PIO) communicates clearly and openly to the residents of Athens-Clarke County about the government’s goals, activities, and services. The office was established in 1997.
- Manage and maintain ACTV, the government access channel, which is available on Spectrum Channel 180, in a number of public lobbies, and at www.accgov.com/actv
- Broadcast Mayor and Commission meetings live and on-demand on ACTV and online through accgov.com/videos, Facebook, and YouTube
- Produce the monthly ACCENT employee newsletter
- Produce the annual ACC from A to Z resident guide to Athens-Clarke County services
- Produce the quarterly ACCGov Quarterly water bill insert
- Work with media outlets regarding Athens-Clarke County Unified Government activities
- Field residents' questions and concerns via email, phone calls & social media
- Operate the Athens Film Office as the Camera Ready Liaison for productions in Athens-Clarke County
- Administer the accgov.com website
- Administer the ACCGov to You program van and materials for in-person tabling at events
- Can I list an event on ACTV?
No. ACTV is a government-access channel limited to information and events related to the government.
- Can I contact the Public Information Office if I have a question about the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government?
Yes. Much of the information can be found on this website. However, if you can't find the information you are seeking, contact us through phone at 706-613-3795 or by email at email@example.com and we'll assist you with getting in touch with the right place.
- What if I have a question about the Georgia or United States government?
The Public Information Office only provides information about the local Athens-Clarke County government. We do have some contact information about certain state and federal offices in our ACC from A to Z guide. For other questions, contact 800-GEORGIA (state information) and 800-FED-INFO (federal information).