P.O. Box 1868
Athens, GA 30603
- 2011 – 2015 Athens Technical College Athens, GA, Dean of General Education
- 1987 – 2011 Athens Technical College Athens, GA, English Faculty/ Adjunct Faculty Coordinator
Civic & Community Experience:
- 2018 – 2020 100% Athens Renewable Energy Initiative steering committee
- 2016-2019 Bike Athens Board, secretary
- 2017 – 2019 Complete Streets Athens
- LEAD Athens Graduate, 2002
- 2019-2020 Athens in Motion Commission, Chair.
- 2016-2018 Bike Pedestrian Master Plan Citizen Committee.
- SPLOST 2011 and 2005 Citizen Advisory Committee
- SPLOST 2005 Citizen Oversight Committee, Chair
- 2020 Athens Citizens Police Academy
- Mayor Pro Tempore (2022)
- 1994 – 1999 University of Georgia Athens, GA, Ed.D Adult Education.
- 1982 - 1984 University of Arizona Tucson, AZ, M.A. English as a Second Language
- 1976 - 1980 State University of NY at Binghamton Binghamton, NY, B.A. French
Personal Information: I grew up in Baldwin, New York, a suburb of New York City and am the daughter of two public school teachers. After completing my bachelor's and master's degree, I moved to Athens with my former husband where we raised two daughters (Clare, 34, and Anne, 30) who attended the Athens Montessori School and the local public schools. In my spare time, you can often find me cycling either my road bike, my mountain bike, or a commuter bike.
Her initial term began January 6, 2021.
Photos: High resolution photos of Carol Myers
Email Commissioner Myers
Request to Receive District 8 Newsletter