Here at Athens Clarke Gymnastics Academy we pledge to have an environment that is healthy, safe, and clean. We disinfect our mats and toys daily. We also have the carpet on our floor exercise area cleaned and disinfected after each session. We ask our staff and participants to help us keep our environment healthy by washing their hands before each class.
- Per Section 6 of the ACCUG Ordinance for the Seventh Declaration of a Local State of Emergency Related to COVID-19, masks are required when entering the gymnastics facility.
- Students are required to wear a masks while participating during classes.
- Students and anyone observing classes will have their temperatures taken.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, one family member per household is allowed
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our observation area is limited to a 12 seat maximum
Students, Parents, and Visitor will not be allowed to enter the facility
- If they have a fever of 100.4 or higher. Must be fever free without the aid of fever reducing medication for 48-hours before returning.
- They have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- They have a new loss of taste or smell
- They have a sore throat, chills, or muscle pain
- They have anyone in their household who is sick
- They have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
We ask our parents to keep their children at home if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- They have remained home from school or they have been sent home from school due to illness
- They are running a fever (child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to gymnastics)
- They have a runny nose (regardless of the color of the discharge)
- They have anything contagious and could pose a risk of infecting others
- They have been exposed to anything contagious
- They have a severe cough
- They have open, runny wounds on feet, legs, or hands
We also teach our students to cough into their elbows rather than their hands.
If a student is under the care of a physician for an injury or illness, we must receive a written release from the physician before the student will be allowed to return to class.
If your child becomes sick with a contagious illness and/or infection immediately after attending a class, please contact the gymnastics office at 706-613-3589 ext. 225 and notify us so we may notify the parents of children in your child's class. We also ask that parents not bring sick siblings to class.