Fees & Other Services
- Commercial: $43 per ton (one ton = 2,000 pounds) with a $10 minimum
- Residential: $43 per ton
- $1.50 per bag for up to six bags
- Over six bags will be charged at a rate of $43 per ton rate starting with a $10 minimum
- The Athens-Clarke County Landfill accepts Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) from Athens-Clarke County & Oglethorpe County ONLY. What is Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)? We define MSW as kitchen waste, furniture, etc. Basically, most things from within a home that are not Construction and Demolition (C&D) Material.
- Construction and Demolition Debris/Material is not MSW. What is C&D Material? We define C&D Materiel as: lumber (decking, fencing, plywood), sheetrock, tile, carpet and padding, etc. These materials are accepted at the Oglethorpe County C&D Landfill. Please see their link for hours, tipping fee, etc.
- Leaf & Limb Fees - Commercial: $25.50 per ton with a $5 minimum
- Leaf & Limb Fees - Residential: $25.50 per ton with a $5 minimum
- Car batteries: $1 per battery
- Mattresses & Box springs: $10 per item
- Paint: $2.00 per can or $10.00 per 5 gallon bucket
- Propane tanks: $5 per tank
- Tires: $3 per standard passenger / light truck tire, $10 per commercial truck tire
- Tires cannot be on the rim. If a tire is on the rim the fee is $10.00 per tire.
Certain items are banned from landfills. Contact the Athens-Clarke County Landfill for a complete list of all prohibited items at (706) 613-3508. Please note: The landfill manager conducts random inspections of all loads entering the landfill and is authorized to inspect any suspicious loads.