Welcome to ACC Toastmasters
Do your palms sweat when you think about speaking publicly? Do you start to shake? Suffer from dry mouth? You aren't alone. An estimated 75% of the population struggles with a fear of public speaking. Toastmasters can help.
Athens-Clarke County Toastmasters is a chartered club of Toastmasters International, the world leader in communication and leadership development.
*Refer to the Special Locations & Dates (to the right) for the location of the Toastmaster meetings on the second Wednesday of the month. Employees will receive an email notifying them of the location.
In-person meetings may change locations if a conflict arises with the presentation room, such as an ACC Blood Drive, mandatory county-wide presentations, etc.
Please email Keith Sims for further information.
Special Locations for Toastmaster Meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the Month:
- July 13 - Sheriff's Office, 2900 County Farm Road*
- Aug 10 - Lyndon House, 211 Hoyt Street
- Sept. 14 - Lyndon House, 211 Hoyt Street
- Oct. 12 - Solid Waste, 725 Hancock Industrial Way
- Nov. 9 - Lyndon House, 211 Hoyt Street
- Dec. 14 - Sheriff's Office, 2900 County Farm Road*
- January 11 – Lyndon House, 211 Hoyt Street
- February 8 – Solid Waste, 725 Hancock Industrial Way
- March 8 – Lyndon House, 211 Hoyt Street
- April 12 – Sheriff’s Office, 2900 County Farm Road*
*Off Lexington Road - Once on County Farm Road, ride past Traffic Engineering on your left and Corrections, also on your left. At the top of the hill, take the left fork towards the Training Center. Follow that road all the way around, past the sign that says “Authorized Vehicles Only” and past the gas tanks on your right, until you reach the upper parking lot. Park and walk down the sidewalk to the Training Center.