Public Information Office
ACCGov Manager Blaine Williams announces that Inclusion Officer Krystle Cobran has resigned from her position effective December 10, 2021. Selah Gardiner, Community Education Analyst with the Inclusion Office, will serve as Interim Inclusion Officer. Read on...
Bailey has served as the Interim Director since June 1, 2021 and has worked for the department since October 2014. Read on...
After each census, local Commission district maps are reapportioned to reflect population changes. These maps are currently under review locally before being sent to the state for review and approval. Read on...
What we do
The Public Information Office communicates clearly and openly to the residents of Athens-Clarke County about the government’s goals, activities, and services. The office was established in 1997.
The Public Information Office manages and maintains ACTV, the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government’s informational TV channel. ACTV airs on Charter Communication Channel 180 and streams online at www.accgov.com/actv.
The office also:
- Produces the monthly ACCent employee newsletter
- Produces the annual ACC from A to Z resident guide to Athens-Clarke County services
- Works with media outlets regarding Athens-Clarke County Unified Government activities
- Hosts special events.
- Fields citizen questions and concerns.
- Can I list an event on ACTV?
No. ACTV is a government-access channel limited to information and events related to the government.
- Can I contact the Public Information Office if I have a question about the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government?
Yes. Much of the information can be found on this website. However, if you can't find the information you are seeking, contact us through phone at 706-613-3795 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll assist you with getting in touch with the right place.
- What if I have a question about the Georgia or United States government?
The Public Information Office only provides information about the local Athens-Clarke County government. We do have some contact information about certain state and federal offices in our ACC from A to Z guide. For other questions, contact 800-GEORGIA (state information) and 800-FED-INFO (federal information).