Municipal Court Operations Update
- The Municipal Court Clerk’s Office has re-opened and is available from 8:10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Clarke County Sheriff’s Office will screen individuals prior to their entry to the Courthouse. The screening will consist of questions related to COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms. The Sheriff’s Office will conduct contactless temperature checks during the screening. Anyone with Municipal Court business who does not meet the screening protocol will not be allowed to enter the Courthouse and will be directed to call Municipal Court for directions.
- The Courthouse as a whole strongly encourages individuals to wear masks while in the public areas of the courthouse. Masks will be made available at the door for those who do not bring their own.
- Court sessions will begin in Municipal Court the week of July 6, 2020. Court notices are currently being mailed and Municipal Court will text court reminders and other court updates in cases where they have a valid cell phone.
- Please contact the Municipal Court if contact information has changed or if you have questions about a case. Municipal Court’s phone number is 706-613-3690, but email communication is preferred. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with full name, complete mailing address, and a telephone number for receipt of text messages.
- Contact information can also be submitted through the Court Date Reminder System enrollment form available at www.accgov.com/municipalcourt.
- Fines can be paid online at www.athensgatix.com or by calling 855-873-9708.
In order to help minimize exposure and contacts, the ACCGov courts and the Western Judicial Circuit will scale back court-related operations through July 13. Read on...
Municipal Court of Athens-Clarke County
The Municipal Court of Athens-Clarke County is the busiest court in Athens-Clarke County. Each year, the Court handles approximately 35,000 cases.
The Court has jurisdiction over all County ordinance violations; over all State misdemeanor traffic violations, including DUI; and over State misdemeanor crimes of Theft by Shoplifting, Possession of Less Than an Ounce of Marijuana, and Underage Possession of Alcohol.
The Court also handles Domestic Partnership filings and does perform weddings.
To contact the Municipal Court, please call (706) 613-3690.
PAY MUNICIPAL COURT FINES ONLINE or by phone toll free at 1-855-873-9708.