Leaf & Limb
The Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department provides pick-up of leaf and limbs to all residents in Athens-Clarke County. By diverting and mulching leaf and limb material, we are meeting the requirements set forth by the state in 1996, which state that no yard waste may be disposed of in landfills, thereby saving valuable space. Athens-Clarke County began this program in 1994.
Storm Debris Collection in Areas of West Athens-Clarke County on Fri., June 18 - Sat., June 19
As a result of significant storm damage that occurred on Sunday, June 6, the ACCGov Solid Waste Department's Leaf and Limb crews will move into affected areas on Friday, June 18 and Saturday, June 19 to collect storm debris. If crews complete current collection areas early, they will move into the affected areas on Thursday, June 17 and begin collection.
Storm debris piles must be on the curb and away from overhead wires, mailboxes, cars, water meters, and other obstructions/hazards. Tree trunks need to be cut down to approximately four feet in length in order for Solid Waste's equipment to handle them. Equipment can collect trees with a diameter up to approximately four feet.
For the week of June 14-18, normal leaf and limb collection is expected to take place in Area E. Additional storm debris collection in the areas listed above or other nearby areas will be evaluated after debris collection on Saturday.
Report missed leaf & limb pick up within 72 hours of the normally scheduled pick-up. Contact the Solid Waste Department at 706-613-3501, Press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org..
Leaf and Limb Collection Guidelines Summary per ACC Code of Ordinance Sec. 5-2-7:
- Leaf and Limb collection is for residential customers only Residents are allowed one "load" per 6-week rotation. A load is defined as 25 paper lawn refuse bags OR a pile of limbs that measures 6 ft. long by 6 ft. high by 4.5 ft. deep OR a combination of both. Limbs & branches can be no more than 4 inches in diameter.
- Material should be placed at the curb in front of an occupied residence for collection. Leaf and limb material will not be collected on empty lots, private drives or islands.
- Entry on property by Athens-Clarke County vehicles and employees. Except as otherwise provided, Athens-Clarke County owned vehicles shall not enter upon private property to collect limbs or other solid waste, and employees are hereby prohibited from entering upon private property to collect limbs which are placed more than five feet behind the sidewalk or property line, whichever is the farthest from the center-line of the street.
REVISED SCHEDULE AS OF Monday June 3rd, 2021.
- For an update on the 6-week rotation schedule, call 706-613-3501 and press number 2.
- Collection piles MUST be out by 8:00 A.M. on the Monday of your collection week.
- Click here to search for your collection area.
May. 31 - June. 4: Area C
June. 7 - June. 11: Area D
June. 14 - June. 18 Area E
June. 21 - June. 25: Area F
June. 28 - July. 2: Area A
June. 28 - July. 2: Area A
July. 5 - July. 9: Area B
July. 12 - July. 16: Area C
July. 19 - July. 23: Area D
July. 26 - July. 30: Area E