Board of Elections
Advance Voting Locations for the November 3, 2020 General / Special Election Read on...
Testing will take place at the ACCGov Facilities and Landscape Management Building at 2555 Lexington Road. It will continue until all units have been tested and proven accurate. The public is invited to sign up and view the testing. Read on...
Registered voters can request an absentee ballot through the Georgia Secretary of State's online portal. Read on...
The Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections manages voter registration and conducts all elections held in Athens-Clarke County (including the city of Winterville). The board uses the Georgia Elections Code, Georgia State Election Board rules, and U.S. Justice Department regulations as guidelines.
In carrying out its duties, the Board of Elections strives to be of service to every citizen by being fair, nondiscriminatory, and informed on all election laws and legislative changes that will affect their duties and responsibilities to the public.
You can contact the Board of Elections by phone, fax, or email. Please direct your email inquiries to Charlotte Sosebee, Pamela Long, or Aletha Perkins.
- What are the requirements for registering to vote?
- How do I register to vote?
- Do I have to register to vote again when I move?
- How do I know if my application was approved?
- Can my registration expire?
- Am I eligible to vote?
- What are my voting options?
- When does early/advance voting begin?
- When can I vote absentee my mail?
- What identification is required to vote?
- Can I use my college or university photo ID card?
- What happens if I am at the polls on Election Day and I do not have my photo ID?
- What if I do not have acceptable photo ID?
- How does the voting process work in Georgia?
- What will I receive with my absentee ballot?
- What is the folded piece of paper in my absentee ballot for?
- I mailed in my absentee ballot without the sleeve. Will my vote still count?
- How do I fill out the Absentee Ballot by Mail?
- Where can I drop off my completed absentee ballot?