Ben Burton Park is a 32-acre wildlife preserve located off Mitchell Bridge Road. It is operated by the Trails and Open Space Staff of the Leisure Services Department.
The park is the site of a former hydroelectric generating station built in 1896 and used until 1964. The site was donated to the county by Georgia Power in 1967. In October of 1971, the park was dedicated in honor of Ben W. Burton, Vice President of Georgia Power.
A portion of the park is part of a streambank stabilization project intended to improve streambank health and decrease erosion.