The Frog Returns!
The Walker Park Splash Pad (formerly Trail Creek Park), located at 200 Trail Creek St, is now open!
The Splash Pad will be open weekends only through May 23 and will then operate under regular summer hours from Saturday, May 29 - August 1. Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The splash pad is closed on Mondays for maintenance.
The Rocksprings Park Splash Pad
, located at 291 Henderson Ext, will open for the season May 29. Pools
open on May 29, as well.
Splash pad admission is $1 per person, cash only. Pool passes are available for purchase and may be used at both splash pads and at all of the Department’s five public pools. Individual pool passes are $20 and Family of Four pool passes are $40. Passes may be purchased at each pool and splash pad location.
Due to COVID-19, a series of requirements are in place to ensure a safe experience for all visitors:
• Walker Park Splash Pad is limited to 75 people. Patrons will receive a colored wristband upon entry and will be utilized if pool capacity is met. If a line forms, staff will impose a time limit to ensure all residents have the opportunity to utilize aquatics facilities.
• Splash Pad patrons will see signage and visible markings leading up to the entrance of each pool to indicate six feet for social distancing purposes.
• Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry. Those symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• Social distancing and wearing of masks are recommended. Masks will not be required while in the water.
• Water fountains are closed and patrons are encouraged to bring their own water in a non-glass container.
For more information, please call the ACCGov Leisure Services Aquatics Office at 706- 613-3589, ext. 7683 or visit www.accgov.com/splashpad.