Park and Facility Update
All Leisure Services parks and facilities continue to operate under restricted use and limited public access. Operational hours have been adjusted at some facilities to allow for staff to work in alternate schedules in order to limit potential exposure and spread.
All facility operations will remain as currently scheduled with the following exceptions:
East Athens Community Center and Lay Park are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Sunday hours are 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. Rocksprings Park will operate Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bear Hollow Zoo is closed.
The following restrictions are in effect for the immediate future:
• Facilities will operate with limited public access which is dependent upon occupancy, based on recommendations from the CDC.
• Athletic fields and gymnasiums are open, but no competitive play is allowed due to social distancing concerns.
• Pickleball and tennis courts are open.
• Dog park access is limited.
• Virtual programs continue at www.accgov.com/leisure.
• Morton Theatre remains closed as well as unsupervised amenities including playgrounds, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts.
Face covers must be worn at all parks and facilities. People are reminded to continue to limit close contact, practice physical distancing measures, wash or sanitize hands frequently, and follow group gathering and other guidelines per the governor's statewide executive orders.
For more information, please call 706-613-3800.