Improvements Coming to COVID-19 Daily Status Report
Effective Tuesday, June 2, there will be several improvements to the COVID-19 Daily Status Report on the Georgia Department of Public Health’s (DPH) website that provides the positive case information included in these updates. According to DPH, these changes are designed to make the dashboard more user-friendly while providing an accurate picture of COVID-19 in Georgia.
The changes to the Daily Status Report will include:
- Once daily updates at 3:00 p.m. to allow time to process and validate laboratory and case reports.
- Reordering the display of key summary metrics as follows: Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, Deaths, ICU Admissions.
- A breakdown of the total number of molecular (PCR) tests, the total number of serology tests, and the number of positives and percentage of positives for each test type.
- Revised charts of key demographics that more clearly present data.
- Improved usability of charts and refinements to labelling and supporting documentation of the data.
DPH will regularly review and update features of the dashboard to improve data quality and accuracy.