FY21 Mayor's Recommended Budget
The Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Mayor’s Recommended Budget for July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 for ACCGov has been submitted to the Commission for review.
The budget has a number of proposed initiatives that are related to responses to the coronavirus pandemic situation.
The budget is balanced and includes a General Fund Operating and Capital Budget that totals $140.1 million for FY21, which is $52,000 below the current FY20 approved budget.
Additional specific information on the budget, including the full FY21 Mayor’s Recommended Budget and a summary document, is available at www.accgov.com/budget.
Public comment on the FY21 Budget will be accepted online through www.accgov.com/agendas
. Public comment for the three Taxpayer Bill of Rights public hearings that are part of the process will also be accepted at City Hall through a virtual public comment setup in the Commission Chamber with measures in place, even if the meeting itself is remote.
A series of budget-related meetings will take place:
- Thursday, May 21 - 5:30 p.m. - Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights public hearing #1 (City Hall, Commission Chamber at 301 College Avenue) followed by Mayor & Commission budget review (held remotely)
- Thursday, May 28 - 5:30 p.m. - Mayor & Commission budget review (held remotely) - no public comment
- Tuesday, June 2 – 6:00 p.m. – Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights Public Hearing #2 and FY21 Budget public hearing Meeting (City Hall, Commission Chamber at 301 College Avenue) followed by the Mayor & Commission Regular Voting (held remotely)
- Wednesday, June 3 - 5:30 p.m. - Mayor & Commission budget review (held remotely) - no public comment
- Thursday, June 11 (if needed) – 5:30 p.m. Mayor & Commission budget review (held remotely) - no public comment
- Tuesday, June 16 – 6:00 p.m. – Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights public hearing #3 followed by the Mayor & Commission Special Called Meeting (City Hall, Commission Chamber at 301 College Avenue) to adopt FY21 Budget and 2020 millage rate (held remotely)
Due to continued uncertainty over coronavirus COVID-19, the Mayor and Commission is currently scheduled to meet remotely for these meetings, although the location is subject to change. However, public comment will be available at the physical locations for some of the meetings due to legal requirements even if virtual meetings are conducted. Visit www.accgov.com/clerkofcommission
or call 706-613-3031 for more information.
The FY21 Mayor’s Recommended Budget can be reviewed on Athens-Clarke County’s Web site at www.accgov.com/budget. A budget summary section is available as part of the overall budget document.