The Mayor and Commission approved a 29th declaration of a local state of emergency at their Regular Session on May 3, 2022. The declaration is in effect through June 8, 2022 unless extended, rescinded, superseded, or altered by the Mayor and Commission.
The sections of the declaration include:
- A mask requirement in certain instances:
- The local emergency order currently includes a mask requirement in public spaces and private entities.
- As per a governor's executive order, private entities must opt in to the requirement.
- As per the local order, the mask requirement is not enforced when the case rate is below 100 per 100,000 in the last 7 days per the CDC.
- The CDC case rate is updated in a graphic every Wednesday at accgov.com/coronavirus and on social media. Daily updates are available at the CDC website, which is also linked on the ACCGov site.
- Although not a part of this order, but part of local operational policies, ACCGov buildings continue to have mask requirements when Athens-Clarke County is in substantial or high community transmission levels (case rate of 50 or more per 100,000 in 7 days as per the CDC). Notice should be posted on doors to ACCGov buildings.
- Allowing patrons or employees at restaurants to transport, serve, or consume open container alcoholic beverages in an outdoor seating area within 100 feet of the outer wall of licensed premises or who are transporting alcoholic beverages across public streets, sidewalks or rights-of-way for the purpose of serving or consuming said beverages as described.
- Allowing patrons or employees of retail liquor, beer, or wine by the drink establishments that are participating in the Outdoor Retail Area Program to transport, serve, or consume alcoholic beverages in any open container in an approved outdoor retail area or to transport alcoholic beverages across public streets, sidewalks, or rights-of-way for the purpose of serving or consuming in the approved outdoor retail area.
The full 29th declaration of a local emergency is available online as of May 4, 2022.