The 2021 revised and updated edition of the Athens-Clarke County Public Information Office's ACC from A to Z: A Guide to the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government and Community Services is now available to the public. The guide contains contact information and descriptions for over 700 entries related to government programs and services, as well as community organizations.
Arranged alphabetically by subject, the guide has been produced for over a decade by the Public Information Office based largely on the kinds of questions that the office regularly receives by phone, email, or social media. Information in the guide is reviewed and revised annually for accuracy.
Along with the A to Z subject listings, the guide also includes:
- contact information for local, state, and federal elected officials who represent Athens-Clarke County;
- Athens-Clarke County By the Numbers, a summary of demographic, historical, and financial data about the community and the Unified Government;
- an organizational overview of the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government;
- a Commission district map;
- a visual guide of recyclable materials accepted by the Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department;
- a general outdoor water use schedule;
- a broadcast schedule for ACTV Cable Channel 180 (Charter) and Mayor and Commission meetings;
- a list of common government acronyms;
- important contact numbers;
- selected ordinances; and
- a leaf and limb collection zone map.
The 2021 guide is available as an online PDF document at www.accgov.com/atoz and a printed booklet. Limited quantities of the printed version of the ACC from A to Z Guide are available through the Public Information Office in City Hall at 301 College Avenue, Suite 102 and in publication racks throughout downtown Athens, at the Multimodal Transportation Center, and inside the Courthouse near the Hancock Avenue side entrance. Printed versions are also available at some Unified Government facilities, as well as at some special events, meetings, and activities.
The cover for the 2021 edition of the ACC from A to Z Guide features a "cookie-fied" version of the City Hall dome created by native Athenian Ashley King specifically for the guide. King has operated her small cottage business, Classic City Confections, since 2010. Specializing primarily in wedding and event cakes, Ashley has been featured in numerous online and print publications throughout the years. A portfolio of her work can be found on Instagram @classiccityconfections.
The cover artwork is the fifth in the annual Athens Artist Cover Series versions of the ACC from A to Z Guide to showcase a different local artist's interpretation of City Hall in their respective media. Covers for previous editions were created by watercolor artist Jamie Calkin, mosaic artist Randy Sanders of Corazon Mosaics, embroidery artist Rachel Winters, and chalk artist Marvella Castaneda.
For more information, contact the Athens-Clarke County Public Information Office at 706-613-3795 or email@example.com.