The Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services Department announces that most parks and facilities including Lyndon Arts Center, Sandy Creek Nature Center, community centers, and athletic parks will reopen under regular hours of operation with restricted use and limited public access on Monday, June 1. A complete list of parks and facilities open to the public is available at www.accgov.com/leisure
The following restrictions are in effect for the immediate future:
- Facilities will operate with limited public access which is dependent upon occupancy, based on recommendations from the CDC.
- Athletic fields and gymnasiums will be open but no competitive play will be allowed due to social distancing concerns.
- Pickleball and tennis courts will open
- Dog park access will be limited.
- Facility rentals are cancelled until further notice.
- Virtual programs continue at www.accgov.com/leisure
The following areas remain closed at this time:
- Bear Hollow Zoo
- Morton Theatre
- Pools and Splash pads
- Unsupervised amenities, including playgrounds, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, the beach at Sandy Creek Park.
Face covers are strongly recommended at indoor facilities and outdoors when social distancing may be challenging. People are reminded to continue to limit close contact, practice physical distancing measures, wash or sanitize hands frequently, and follow group gathering and other guidelines per the governor’s statewide executive orders.
For more information, visit www.accgov.com/leisure or call 706-613-3800.