Details on April 1 Filing Deadline for Personal Property Tax Returns & Conservation Use Applications
- In response to coronavirus COVID-19 and the need to protect residents and employees from the potential spread of the virus, the Clarke County Board of Assessors is closed to the public until further notice.
- The Clarke County Board of Assessors requests that all personal property tax returns and conservation use applications be mailed to their office at 325 E. Washington St. Room 280, Athens, Georgia, 30601. All personal property tax returns and conservation use applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2020.
- The Clarke County Board of Assessors will accept 2020 returns/applications that are sent via email by April 1, 2020. They will require the original signed personal property tax returns and conservation use applications for filing purposes. However, those can be mailed after the April 1 deadline.
- If you need a conservation use application, call their office at 706-613-3140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will mail or email you one. Please note, all applications must be notarized and sent back to their office by April 1, 2020.
- If you have any questions regarding personal property tax returns or conservation use applications, please call 706-613-3140.
- Questions regarding homestead applications or real property returns can be directed to the Tax Commissioner’s Office at 706-613-3120.