Due to COVID-19, the Presidential Preference Primary is postponed until May 19.
For those who already voted in the March 24 Presidential Preference Primary by Absentee Ballot
- If you have already voted in the March 24 Election by Absentee Ballot, you will receive a ballot in May with General Primary candidates only.
- Board of Elections will receive applications for Absentee Ballots through Friday, March 20.
- Board of Elections will receive voted ballots at the Elections Office or by mail through March 24.
For those who did not vote in the March 24 Presidential Preference Primary by Absentee Ballot
- If you did not vote in the March 24 Election, you will receive a combined party ballot.
- There will be no split party for the May Primary, which means you will not receive one party ballot for the Presidential Preference Primary and the other party ballot for the General Primary. You are limited to one party for the combined Election.
Absentee Ballot Information
- The May Absentee Ballots will be available for mailing on March 31, 2020.
- The Board of Elections encourages all voters to vote by mail for the May Election.
- For those who choose not vote by mail (Absentee Ballot), Advance Voting will begin April 27 at the Board of Elections office.
Last Day to Register to Vote
- The last day to register to vote for the May Election is April 20.
For more information, please call the Athens-Clarke County Elections Office, 706-613-3150.