March 16, 2020 9:09 AM
Police Department Reporting & Response Protocol Changes
Central Communications Center will continue to receive and triage all calls for service. In cases involving life safety or where other methods of reporting are either unavailable or not feasible, officers will continue to respond in-person.
However, in accordance with social distancing guidelines, where appropriate, residents will be directed to utilize other forms of reporting, as opposed to receiving in-person responses. Whenever possible, residents will be encouraged to utilize the online reporting portal to report an incident. In other instances, the resident will be directed to our Telephone Reporting Unit that will document the incident.
Residents should contact the Police Department by telephone before coming in to stations for routine police services. As much as possible, routine service requests will be handled online or by telephone.
- To obtain copies of police reports, please call the Records Division at 706-613-3330, option 3.
- Open Records requests can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via an online form at www.accgov.com/openrecords.
- For online reporting, please visit the Athens-Clarke County Police Department’s website at www.accgov.com/accpdsubmitreport.
- For non-emergency calls for service, the Central Communications Center can be reached at 706-613-3330, option 2
- Since the lobby will be closed, live scan fingerprinting for background checks will also be unavailable. In the event that fingerprints are needed, visit https://www.aps.gemalto.com/ga/index.htm for locations that provide this service in the community.