- Departments & Offices I - Z
- Organizational Development
- Online Training Resources (Mostly Free!)
Online Training Resources (Mostly Free!)
This is by no means the best way to offer training, but in response to the changes in production, workflows, schedules, and social distancing mandates, OD wants to give you as many options for personal development as possible.
The OD Team is here for you!
Most Affordable Online PhD in Finance in 2021
A Ph.D. is the most advanced and one of the most highly-respected degrees that someone can earn. If you have a financial background or are interested in specializing in topics like finance, economics, and statistics, a Ph.D. in finance can help you open up many career doors and increase your earning potential.
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median salary for someone with a doctoral degree is $94,900 per year. That number is even higher for those with doctoral degrees in finance. Someone with a Ph.D. in finance is likely to exceed $100,000 per year.
Despite the high earning potential, you can earn your Ph.D. for a relatively low tuition amount. Based on the schools we’ve ranked in this article, the average tuition cost is roughly $50,000. Read on to learn more about the most affordable programs, courses, earning potential, and financial aid.
Offering Online College Courses
Academic Earth believes that everyone has the right to a world-class education. Recognizing the existing barriers in academia, we continue our efforts to curate an unparalleled collection of free online courses from the world's top universities. Moving forward, we honor the egalitarian spirit of Academic Earth's founders as we develop a platform to facilitate the global sharing of ideas, both inside and outside the classroom.
Online Courses In 9 Major Subjects
Alison is one of the world’s largest free learning platforms for education and skills training. It is a for-profit social enterprise dedicated to making it possible for anyone, to study anything, anywhere, at any time, for free online, at any subject level.
Alison offers courses in 9 different subject matters: Technology, Language, Science, Health, Humanities, Business, Math, Marketing and Lifestyle.
OD offered Excel Classes in the computer lab in the past. Now everyone has access to the written materials for self-paced learning using Microsoft Excel. Contains beginner, intermediate, and advanced Excel learning materials.
A Huge Library of Courses
Gain a Free Statement of Participation
On successful completion of our free courses, you will be able to access and download a free statement of participation to use alongside your digital badge (if the course offers one). You can print or email the statement of participation to demonstrate your successful completion of a course. It can help show your interest in a subject and a commitment to your career or provide evidence of continuing professional development.
Please note: Our free courses do not carry any formal credit towards a qualification.
Some key courses to check out:
Not All Courses Are Free...
But here is a curated list of free classes on Udemy we think you'll be interested in:
- Free Leading Organizations Through Change classes
- Free Excel classes
- Free Personal Development classes
- Free Guided Meditation sessions
- List of other Free Courses now offered (6/1/20)
Personalized Learning Resource for All Ages
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
Powered by the Canvas LMS
Canvas Network provides all the ease and functionality of Canvas, the learning management system that makes teaching and learning easier for more than 18 million higher ed, K-12, and workforce users worldwide. Instructure built Canvas with open, adaptable, reliable, native cloud technologies that empower learning in every context. View the course catalogue.
The main advantage of video lectures is one can learn at their own pace, comfort and time by watching them again and again till the concepts are well understood. One can download and copy the videos to portable video players and watch wherever it is possible. Can also watch on TV.
Learner Outcomes on Coursera
87% of people learning for professional development report career benefits like getting a promotion, a raise, or starting a new career.
Coursera Learner Outcomes Survey (2019)
Free Course Access/No Certificate
Learn at your own pace, 100% online. Start streaming on-demand video lectures today from top instructors. Apply what you learn with self-paced quizzes and hands-on projects. Get feedback from a global community of learners.
Choose from many options including free courses (and university degrees at a breakthrough price). 3900+ courses and specializations, 13+ professional certificates, and 20+ degrees and MasterTrackTM certificates. Most courses are free. If you want a certificate of course completion, the cost is $49 per course and is payable up front and university degrees vary in pricing.
Annual Subscription $399 = Unlimited Access to 3000+ Courses Plus Certificates
Coursera Plus has four objectives:
- Enabling flexible learning: The subscription preempts learners from having to overthink individual course choices or worry about time constraints.
- Providing unmatched value: The subscription gives learners access to the largest catalog of academic courses available online through an annual subscription.
- Supporting diverse learning: The subscription allows learners to explore a wide range of topics, from science to art, from hard skills to soft skills.
- Offering unlimited certificates: The subscription enables learners to earn as many certificates as they want without having to pay for each one separately.
Tech and Computer Classes
Anyone Can Learn Computer Science
49 million students have learned on Code.org!
Get started coding today. Our courses and activities are free! It’s easier - and way more fun - than you ever thought. Create an account to save your projects.
ADUni.org is the website of the alumni of ArsDigita University (ADU).
ADU was a one-year, intensive post-baccalaureate program in Computer Science based on the undergraduate course of study at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The majority of the instructors were professors from MIT and the program was tuition free. After running from September 2000 through July 2001, seeing the first class to graduation, the program was forced to shut down.
This site serves a dual purpose. It is here to tell the story of ADU and it is here to carry on the school's mission of supplying free education. Toward this latter end, ADUni.org provides all course materials and lectures generated during the program to the general public for free use.
500 Free Computer Science Online Courses from the World’s Top CS Universities
These are great options, especially for novice e-learners, since they exemplify the best that online education has to offer.
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) from University of Michigan ★★★★★(9662)
- Machine Learning from Stanford University ★★★★★ (358)
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python from Massachusetts Institute of Technology ★★★★☆(122)
- Learn to Program: The Fundamentals from University of Toronto ★★★★★(105)
- CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science from Harvard University ★★★★★(84)
- The Analytics Edge from Massachusetts Institute of Technology ★★★★★(79)
- Python and Statistics for Financial Analysis from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology ★★★★☆(71)
- Computing in Python I: Fundamentals and Procedural Programming from Georgia Institute of Technology ★★★★★(69)
- Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms from Stanford University ★★★★★(68)
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala from École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne ★★★★★(66)
- Cryptography I from Stanford University ★★★★★(51)
- Python for Data Science from University of California, San Diego ★★★★☆(43)
- Introduction to HTML5 from University of Michigan ★★★★☆(42)
- Internet History, Technology, and Security from University of Michigan ★★★★★(39)
Full Course List
The full list is split into subjects.
- AI & Machine Learning (65 courses)
- Algorithms & Data Structures (60 courses)
- Bioinformatics & Healthcare (30 courses)
- Computer Science (90 courses)
- Cybersecurity (22 courses)
- Data Science (109 courses)
- Programming Languages (60 courses)
- Software Development (57 courses)
- Quantum Computing (7 courses)