Water Business Office Customer Service
Water Business Office Reopens for Walk-in Customers:
The Water Business Office (WBO) is open for in-person transactions M-F, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. To continue to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff, the WBO asks customers for the following support during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- If feeling ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, cough, etc.) or had recent contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not plan to visit the WBO in-person
- Wear a face covering when entering the lobby
- Maintain 6-feet distance from others
- Maximum occupancy of 10 customers in the lobby
- Only one person per transaction; please have family members/roommates remain in the vehicle when possible
- Use hand sanitizer found at the entrance and exit of lobby
- Public restrooms will be closed
If you need to pay your water bill and wish to minimize exposure, we have several options available: mail, online e-check, bank draft (ACH), or the dropboxes located at the front and back of the WBO at 124 E. Hancock Ave.
New Traffic Pattern & Parking
The parking lot at the Water Business Office now has a one-way traffic pattern. Enter from the Lumpkin Street side of the building and exit onto E. Hancock Avenue. Additional metered parking spots are available along Lumpkin Street and E. Hancock Ave. Tagged meters indicate the spots are for Water Customers Only from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Parking in these spots is limited to thirty-minutes and is not metered during these hours.
Need to Start/Stop/Transfer Service?
Call Customer Service at (706) 613-3500, M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Please have your driver’s license and last four digits of your Social Security number available. You can complete Water Services Request & Garbage Service Request forms found online.
For further customer service, please contact the Water Business Office at 706-613-3500.
Athens-Clarke County Public Utilities
Customer Service Center
124 Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA 30601
Special hours to allow for sanitizing lobby: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Parking is one-way and accessed from Lumpkin Street only; exit onto E. Hancock Ave.