45th Juried Exhibition 2020
The Lyndon House Arts Center announces the artwork submission days for the 45th Juried Exhibition with guest juror Larry Ossei-Mensah, the Susanne Feld Hilberry Senior Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit.
We are encouraging artists to fill out this entry form prior to arriving with their artworks on the submission days. Artists can fill this online form anytime time up to the submission deadline, January 24th at 4pm. Those who do not have access to a computer, or have not filled out an online entry form prior to dropping their artworks off, may fill the form out here at the Arts Center when they arrive. We will have IPad and Laptop stations and people to assist.
45th Juried Exhibition Guidelines
Juror: Larry Ossei-Mensah, Susanne Feld Hilberry Senior Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
Reception: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Exhibition: March 5 – May 2, 2020
Entry days are Thursday, January 23rd from 1 – 8pm and Friday, January 24th, 10 – 4pm.
All artworks must be delivered to the Lyndon House Arts Center for consideration. Due to the volume of works submitted to this exhibit, and the physical nature of the Juror review process, artists are advised to enter durable works. Completion of the online form is the first step in the process. DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES DOWNLOAD ARTWORK LABELS
Entry Information Eligibility: Athens area artists 18 years and older working in the visual arts field. The Athens area includes the following counties: Athens-Clarke County, Oconee, Barrow, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Hall, Banks, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Wilkes, Morgan, Walton and Oglethorpe.
Artworks: Original artworks in any visual media may be entered. No reproductions, no works previously shown at the Lyndon House Arts Center, and no works shown in the Athens area within the last year. No multi-piece works, such as diptychs, triptychs or grids. This includes 2d and 3d works. Sculptures must be one piece. Note that should your work not fall within these requests, they will not be considered for the exhibit.
Size: Wall works should not exceed 11’ in any direction (this includes framing). Sculptural works should not exceed 4’ x 8’ x 8’ and no more than 100 lbs.
To Enter: A non-refundable fee of $30 is required. This includes entry for up to 3 works of art. Checks, cash or cards are accepted. Please write checks to Lyndon House Arts Foundation.
Awards: This exhibit includes a number of awards, such as cash, future exhibitions and honorable mentions.
Sales & Reproductions: Works may be for sale or not for sale (NFS). The exhibiting artist will receive 70% of the sales price for work that is sold. The Lyndon House Arts Foundation, The Lyndon House Arts Center and ACC Leisure Service reserve the right to photograph and reproduce any artwork for promotional purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
Insurance and Liability: All works submitted to the 45th Juried Exhibition will be insured from arrival through February 6, 2020. Works accepted into the 45th Juried Exhibition will be insured while in the Arts Center, from arrival to May 5, 2020. Insurance values must be reasonable. Any questionable numbers will require an appraisal.
Delivery and Pick up: Please see the calendar included in this form. The dates for delivery and pick up are firm. Artworks left after the pickup dates will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
All works must be finished works of art ready for installation as follows:
1. Works on paper must be mounted and secured in professional frames under glass or plexi-glass and ready for installation. Please no plastic frames or clip style frames. Collage elements must be secured or protected behind glass.
2. Paintings or photographs on canvas need to have a finished edge whether clean, painted or with wood stripping. Paintings or photographs on canvas boards need to be framed. Work should be dry and fixed. No wet paint.
3. Hanging devices that are acceptable include d-rings, screw eyes with picture wire securely wrapped. Works under 14” in any direction may use saw tooth hangers.
4. Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a mov. or mpg. file. Please submit on a USB flashdrive. Adhere the label to the flashdrive and include video length in media.
5. Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
6. Photographs mounted on plexi and aluminum are fine as long as the hanging device is incorporated in a professional manner.
7. Extremely fragile works will not be eligible due to the need for special handling.
8. Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be in one piece and installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation.
As the Lyndon House Arts Center is a community-wide facility, the Arts Center reserves the right to present artworks in a controlled access area or to deny exhibition of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Should you have questions, please call 762-400-7604.
The Calendar: Please note all days and times are firm.
Friday, January 3, 2020 Entry form available online. Form will remain available online throughout submission process.
Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm AND/OR
Friday, January 24, 2020, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Deliver art entries to the Lyndon House Arts Center. Dates and times are FIRM. Art entries must follow submission rules and guidelines.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 5:30 pm Juror Larry Ossei-Mensah’s lecture at UGA’s Lamar Dodd School of Art, room S151
Tuesday, February 4, 2020 Notification: The Lyndon House Arts Center will send out all notifications of either acceptance or non-acceptance by email on February 4, 2020.
Thursday, February 6, 2020, 1:00 – 8:00 pm Pick up works not included in the 45th Juried Exhibition. Please note that works will not be available for pick up prior to this date and time. Works not picked up at this date and time will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
Thursday, March 5, 2020, 6:00 – 8:00 pm 45th Juried Exhibition Reception: Please join us in celebration of the 45th Juried Exhibition!
Saturday, May 2, 2020, 5:00 pm 45th Juried Exhibition closes
Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm Pick up works included in the 45th Juried Exhibition