Save the Date: March 26 to April 1, 2023 for this year's Tire Round Up.
What can I do with my old tires?
Most tire retailers will collect and recycle your old tires for a minimal fee. You can also recycle tires at the Athens-Clarke County Landfill and the CHaRM.
ACC Tire Disposal Fees
- $3 per standard passenger or light truck tire
- $10 per commercial truck tire & tires on rims
Why proper tire disposal is important:
- Risk of Disease - Piles of tires are ideal breeding grounds for disease-carrying mosquitos and rodents.
- Landscape Blight - Dumped tires degrade the landscape. This leads to declining property values and invites more litter.
- Fire Hazards - Stockpiled tires are a fire hazard which produce toxic smoke and pollute land, water, and air.
- Clean-up Costs - Improper disposal of tires isn't free. The local government, left with the responsibility of cleanup will be required to increase taxes or divert funding from positive programs and services.