Effective March 12, 2020 the Zero Waste Program has been suspended until further notice.
Zero Waste is a culture shift -- establishing innovative ways to reduce waste to the landfill through reuse, recycling, compost, and more. ACC Solid Waste has resources that can help you on the road to Zero Waste Events, and ultimately a ZW lifestyle. We offer event recycling bins, as well as reusable plates, wares, cups, napkins, and more for you to borrow for any event, in order to reduce the need for disposables and send less stuff to the landfill. Follow the link below to submit a request for use of our recycling bins or reusable wares!
- We ask that all users of our Zero Waste event kit return all items as they were when they picked them up from ACCSW. This means that all wares and linens will be washed and returned in good condition in which the next group will use them. Users will be charged for any items that are not cleaned and returned to ACCSW on the designated Date of Return.
- All requests must be received 48 hours in advance of requested pick-up date.
- We currently can accommodate events of 100-150 attendees and less for most items. Some items are in short supply and can only accommodate smaller groups.
- This kit includes an inventory of reusable wares and linens, but also makes clearstream event recycling bins available upon request. We are in the planning process to incorporate event compost bins and compost education for future events as well.
- Any questions should be directed to Recycle@accgov.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that this program continues to grow, and that it will inspire (and remind) users that they don’t have to use disposables at their events. By promoting our program, we hope that our community organizations, businesses, and individuals will invest in reusable wares of their own, to use for ongoing and recurring events.