This contest is open to filmmakers in grades Pre-K-12 and levels of experience who reside or attend school in the state of Georgia.
Filmshould emphasize responsible water stewardship.
- The overarching theme is Healthy Water, Healthy World, with suggested storylines/themes as follows:
- Healthy Water, Healthy People - From handwashing to hydrating to hygiene, we need water every day. How does water help you stay healthy?
- Healthy Water, Healthy Environment - Water quality is a direct result of how we use the land around it. How do you keep your natural environment and its water healthy?
- Healthy Water, Healthy Community - Hardworking individuals in your town ensure a reliable supply of drinking water and sanitary treatment of used water. How do you see water at work in your community?
- Healthy Water, Healthy Home - Households leaks both waste water and cost you money. How can you conserve water in your daily life and make sure you are using it as efficiently as possible?
Filmshould be engaging, fun, clever, and thought-provoking. Filmmust be rated G.
Filmmust be at least 30 seconds and no more than 1 minute 30 seconds in length, including credits Filmmust include 5 seconds of blackscreen both at the beginning and end, which will not count toward the film’s total running time.
- Film and completed submission form must be submitted electronically using FilmFreeway.com. filmfreeway.com/festival/RippleEffectFilmProject
- High definition videos are strongly encouraged (1280x720 or 1920x1080). Suggested frame rates are 24fps (23.98) or 30fps (29.97).
- There is NO entry fee.
Filmmust be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 15, 2022.
- Include all filmmakers' names when submitting to FilmFreeway for inclusion in
Films are evaluated on 1) Strength of Message: content, encourages action or increases knowledge, 2) Originality: creativity and design, originality, 3) Artistic Expression: organization, techniques, and 4) Production Quality: sound and audio, video production and lighting. Please refer to Ripple Effect Rubric for detailed criteria.
The finalists' films will be shown and winning films announced at the "Ripple Effect Blue Carpet Premiere" on March 19, 2022. Winners will be awarded up to $1000 in prizes. Finalists will be featured on the Athens-Clarke County Water Conservation Office website and Lily Anne Phibian YouTube channel. All entries will receive free admission to the "Blue Carpet Premiere".