Spring 2023 Internship
The Water Conservation Office is hiring an Education and Outreach Intern for the Spring 2023 semester!
Description: The Water Conservation Office (WCO) is part of the Public Utilities Department of the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government. The WCO mission is to promote a water efficient lifestyle through education, collaboration, and action to sustain our water portfolio and elevate the value of water in Athens-Clarke County. This is accomplished through K-12 school visits, community outreach efforts, water treatment facility tours, annual events, workshops, and more.
Interns are responsible for presenting educational programs, preparing educational materials, aiding with tours of the water treatment facilities, assisting with community events, composing water-related social media posts, and participating in other activities that support the WCO mission. The internship program is designed to provide each intern with a flexible learning experience. Interns are supervised by the WCO graduate assistant.
- Intern must have a valid driver’s license
- Intern must be 18 years or older
- Intern must be a college student – graduate or undergraduate
- Intern must need practical work experience or use internship to earn credit toward a degree
- Intern is expected to work from January 9, 2023 to May 12, 2023 with possibility of extension
- Intern is expected to work a minimum 10 hours per week
- Interest or experience in K-12 education, environmental science, water resources, or related fields
- Strong public speaking skills and strong writing skills
- Available some evenings and weekends
- Project WET certification (preferred, not required)
- CPR or first aid training (preferred, not required)
Required Application Materials:
- Attached application form
- Cover letter stating your interest, skills, and qualifications for the position
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation (with contact information for references)
- Writing sample (examples: school assignment, creative writing, etc.)
- Spring 2023 class schedule
Applications and required materials are accepted until November 16th, 2022, and can be emailed to email@example.com.