American Rescue Plan Funding
Athens-Clarke County is currently soliciting for proposals to utilize up to $5.27 million in State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds from the American Rescue Plan Act to create and preserve affordable housing the community.
- New housing creation and the preservation of existing affordable stock will be prioritized over housing programs. As such, proposals requesting affordable housing assistance program funding must be paired with a development project.
- Prioritize projects that are “shovel ready” and feasible.
- Land acquisition should only be paired with construction projects.
- Projects should generally align with existing recommendations from the GICH Report, Envision Athens Agenda, Workforce Housing Study, Comprehensive Plan, or ACCGov Strategic Plan.
- Emphasis will be placed on supporting projects within the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas.
- Projects will be capped to serve individuals at 80% AMI in Qualified Census Tracts or 65% AMI elsewhere
- Prioritize projects that leverage external resources.
Who Can Apply
Any organization, non-profit, or business that is incorporated and licensed in the state of Georgia. Applications from individual residents are not permitted.
RFP Release: June 24, 2022
Technical Assistance Period: June 27 - July 22, 2022
Pre-Proposal Meeting (webinar): July 7 , 2022
Final Date for Questions: July 22, 2022
Q&A Addendum Released: July 26, 2022
Preliminary Proposal Due: July 29, 2022 4:00 PM
Preliminary Proposal Risk Screening and Feedback: July 29- August 26, 2022
RFP Refinement: August 26- September 16, 2022
Final Proposals Due: September 16, 2022, 4:00 PM
Mayor and Commission Award Approval: Mid December
- Evaluation Matrix - Housing Phase I
- Open Data Portal - Housing Phase I
- Pre-Proposal Meeting Recording (Password to access: Housing1)
- Addendum I: Pre-Proposal Questions and Answers